Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I End My Insurgence

Wow! What a weekend! I had the best time ever! I didn’t talk on the phone with all my friends, though, like I was hoping to. I don’t have very many friends, and the ones I do have don’t talk on the phone.

I drove the car (hopefully they’ll never notice the dent in the fender). I played outside and got sunburned, which was an invigorating experience, especially trying to put sun block on. It made my water all cloudy and then I had to go change it. I ate junk food – got sick. I took the bus and went to the mall, where I was unable to buy anything because I didn’t have any money and I was high enough to reach the counters. There was this really awesome pair of sunglasses I wanted, too! Disappointing. While at the mall, I met a new fish. He was in a store, and his bowl was smaller than mine. That fish had to be neurotic. He didn’t pay any attention to me, he just swam around and around and around and around. I think it was the stuff they were feeding him. No flakes most likely, and never any shrimp.

I tried the birthday party. But none of my friends could come, so I had to do it by myself. Hence the junk food blowout, and hence the getting sick. I played pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey, which was a blast. I’ve never done that before. I won.

I baked cookies – hence the birthday party, hence the junk food, and hence the getting sick. They were chocolate. Talk about delicious! I bet Emily will want me to do all the cookie baking from now on – I had no idea I was so talented!

I couldn’t read any comic books. I would have had to buy them, and I didn’t have any money and I couldn’t reach the counters anyway.

All in all, it was a most edifying and remarkable weekend. Now that I’ve tried all the things I’ve always wanted to do, I can settle back down and be mature.

2 comments:

  1. How on earth did you manage to get the cookies out of the oven without burning yourself? This must be why most great cooks are human...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dieki - (Lovely name, by the way.) Like most great cooks, whether they be human or not, I used oven mitts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest -- I'm very honored!