Sunday, June 20, 2010

A Thrilling Adventure

I’ve heard it said that complaining will never get you anywhere. On the contrary, I find it has been a very effective tool in getting more followers, as well as more comments, on my blog. To all you who responded to my whiny post – many thanks!

Something of great interest happened yesterday morning, which I am sure you will not object to hearing. I was swimming around my bowl, deliberating and contemplating, especially in regards to my untidy home. I was considering that I have too many possesions for such a small area, and that it might be wise to take into account my future comfort and get rid of some of it. I was speculating about how I would go about such an exertion, when I happened to glance out the window.

I saw the most dreadful face in the window – looking at me! It was furry, and white, and sort of flat, with two pointy ears. Terrified as I was, I did not loose my head but ran and got my encyclopedia. Ah, that dear old encyclopedia! It was my grandmother’s, and though it greatly increases my clutter, I would not get rid of it for worlds.

As I paged through the encyclopedia, I kept one eye on the face in the window – having two rather large eyeballs placed at the sides of your head enables you to do this with very little effort. I found the creature at last. I had heard of this beast many times, although I had never seen one. The Fam is too considerate of my delicate nerves to keep one around. It was, in truth, a Cat. May I never see anything so hideous again – those horrifying green eyes, watching me hungrily.

The window was closed – for that I am most grateful, otherwise I would not be here telling you this interesting story. It is interesting, isn’t it? The Cat sat and watched me for about half an hour. Meanwhile, I swam round my bowl and made faces at it, and said some rather obnoxious things to it which I would rather not repeat here where the Fam could see it.

In the end, the Cat jumped down and ran away (probably to go cry to its mama), leaving me with a thorough contempt for any of the feline species.
Unfortunately for my reputation as a photographer, in all the uproar and excitement of fright I did not take one single picture of the Cat. Not one. I do hope the taker of the following photograph will oblige me with its use in pointing out the silly expression found on the faces of most of the species, and that the readers of this blog will excuse any obnoxiousities I may have bequeathed on the animal, as I am sure they will when they see the picture, which really looks remarkably similar to the Cat I saw yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your interest -- I'm very honored!