Friday, May 28, 2010

Day Two Without the Fam

After the Fam left yesterday, I felt free to enjoy myself. The first thing I did was move my bowl to the living room. Next to the phone. I have an idea I’ll be needing to use it quite a bit this weekend.

I then took a tour of the Fam’s new kitchen, which they unobligingly never even bothered to show me. I really like the new blue tiles, it looks very ocean-y. If the Fam ever troubles themselves to ask me my opinion, I shall tell them I approve.

As it was getting late, and I was hungry, I decided to order the pizza. This turned into a disaster, which I will relate. First of all, the guy at the delivery place couldn’t understand me because I was in the water and he was not. I tried to make it work by pulling the phone into the bowl with me, but, well, after that the phone didn’t work at all. It never will again, either. So I had to move to another phone, which took a lot of time. But I got the pizza guy again, and this time I had to talk outside of my bowl. Which was difficult because every time I ran out of breath I had to dive back in for a little bit, and then the guy on the other end would get confused and I would have to start all over.

I did get it taken care of eventually, and the pizza came about half an hour later. Unfortunately I hadn’t counted on not being able to reach the door knob, and then not being able to open it when I could reach it. The delivery guy had to set it on the door step and leave, and by the time I had opened a window and gotten out, some neighbor had come by and helped himself to my pizza! I mention no names.

I was frustrated at this point, and decided to forget the pizza and try to find where Emily keeps my shrimps. I found them. They’re in the refrigerator. It’s cold in there. I guess I would rather not remember that particular experience, if that’s all right with you.

Well, next on my list was “Watch movies all night”, and I just sat down and did that. I watched Anne of Green Gables. All three of them. The whole shebang. It was very exciting, because I am never allowed to watch movies otherwise. I can’t say I enjoyed the movies; they were somewhat girly. But I enjoyed basking in the knowledge that I was doing something off-limits. What fun!

In case my readers are disappointed in my lack of obedience and training, you must remember that my mother never trained me and taught me right from wrong. And my owners, bless their hearts, never thought they needed to teach me. So it is not my fault at all. I remain unrepentant, and plan on going to the mall today.

1 comment:

  1. Well!!! You certainly took advantage of our absence! If I didn't love you enough, I would stop feeding you brine shrimps every day and just give you flakes!!!! But I love you, so I won't!
    <3 Emily

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your interest -- I'm very honored!